Don't hate me 'cause I'm right! (double entendre intended)

Thursday, October 2, 2008

You might be an idiot if....(or "here's your sign")

I REALLY try not to be "mean" when it comes to politics, I swear. Why, some of my favorite people are liberal Democrats. Just because I usually don't understand the "words" coming out of their mouths doesn't mean I can't like them. Some of them are even kind of cute in that squishy green, "Save the planet, save the whales, chickens have feelings too" sort of way.

I also know that we are all entitled to our opinions, (and that means ME, TOO, All Crazy Lunitics Unite!!!!!) even though they may differ greatly. BUT sometimes attitudes, beliefs and actions of the "right and left" are so antithetical that I feel I MUST point it out to those who are NOT on the right side (pun in ten did). But first, a lesson.

Q. Which political party is called "the right" and which is called "the left."
A. The republican party is called "the right." The Democratic party is called "the left."

Q. What is the opposite of left?
A. Right.

Q. What is the opposite of wrong.
A. Right.

Q. What is the opposite of right?
A. Left and wrong.

Hmmmmm. See what I am getting at? Coincidence? I think not. Ever wonder why we have an elephant and they have an ass? Read on.

Having that out of the way, let the rant begin.

I KNOW, whatever political party you belong to, this cannot have gone unnoticed. I have never in my life, in one campaign, seen so many whiney, cry-baby, musical "artists." Van Halen, Heart, John COUGAR, and some punk I've never even heard of. Take a look below.

The difference between conservitives and liberals?

CONSERVATIVE (Or "The right")

~ ~ ~ “A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top.”
~ ~ ~ Unknown

Barack Obama’s exit music at the close of his historic Democratic convention acceptance speech was "Only in America," a song by Brooks & Dunn.

Brooks & Dunn played it at the Bush inauguration in 2000. At the 2004 GOP convention, Dick Cheney used it as his exit music after his speech. And President Bush frequently used it on the campaign trail four years ago, even asking Brooks & Dunn to come out and play it live at rallies in the final week of the race. It was the unofficial Bush "theme song."

So how did Brooks & Dunn themselves react to Obama’s use of it? Kix Brooks released his official response in a benign statement: "Seems ironic that the same song Bush used at The Republican Convention last election would be used by Obama and the Democrats now. Very flattering to know our song crossed parties and potentially inspires all Americans."

"Frankly," Brooks added, "I find all this bickering about the use of songs by politicians somewhat amusing. When you consider all the other things being done in Washington that are of questionable value to the average American, it seems to me that the use of a song or two by the political party you happen to oppose isn’t what well-paid artists should be laying in bed at night worrying about."
~~~

“The wise man must remember that, while he is a descendant of the past, he is a parent of the future.”
~ ~ ~ Herbert Spencer

Former Van Halen vocalist Sammy Hagar (a conservative) has said the following regarding Presidential candidate John McCain using the Van Halen song "Right Now":

"When I wrote the lyrics to 'Right Now' I intended them to inspire people to not sit around and wait for something they believed in but to go out and get it, to make a change however they needed to. Whether it was McCain who used the song or if Obama had chosen to use the song, with the current political climate, the lyrics still have the same meaning, and we all need to do something to make a difference, every action counts."

Hagar is thrilled with the G.O.P.'s use of the song — although he admits that he'd be just as happy with the Obama campaign using it as well: "I got goosebumps from it — my fur went up... I was honored that a potential President of the United States used those words in a positive sense, like, 'We gotta act now!'"

LIBERAL (Or the "Not Right")

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.~ ~ ~ Benjamin Franklin

According to "The Pulse of Radio", Sammy Hagar says that Sen. John McCain using VAN HALEN's song "Right Now" in his campaign ads has made long-feuding ex-bandmate Eddie Van Halen get in touch with him. Eddie Van Halen objects to the use of the song for a political ad, but not a commercial one: Said Hagar, "Why didn't Van Halen say no when Pepsi Cola gave us a million dollars to use the song in a Pepsi Light commercial? That's when you say no. That isn't the message of this song. But when a potential future president is using it to bring a message to the world, I'm going, 'Hell, yes!'"

Eddie Van Halen has asked that the GOP stop using their song.

~~~
Why fools are endowed by nature with voices so much louder than sensible people possess is a mystery. ~ ~ ~ Hertzler

The rock group Heart has sent a message to John McCain and Sarah "Barracuda'' Palin: Quit playing our 1977 hit ''Barracuda.''

Statement by Ann and Nancy Wilson from EW.com:

"Sarah Palin's views and values in NO WAY represent us as American women. We ask that our song 'Barracuda' no longer be used to promote her image." Later, in a phone call to EW.com, Nancy Wilson expressed her feelings more strongly. "I feel completely f---ed over."

~~~
Fools' names, like fools' faces, Are often seen in public places.~ ~ ~ Thomas Fuller

John (Cougar) Mellencamp is an ardent Democrat, and, until recently, he supported John Edwards. Mellencamp hasn’t yet made a public response, but his reps are quietly reaching out to McCain and asking him to stop playing his tunes. He had his publicist, Bob Merlis, write the McCain campaign to suggest it might be better if McCain stopped playing "Our Country" at McCain rallies, given Mellencamp's liberal views. "Are you sure you want to use his music to promote Senator McCain's efforts?" asked Merlis in his letter.

~~~
"Men can acquire knowledge, but not wisdom. Some of the greatest fools ever known were learned men."
~ ~ ~ Spanish Proverb


Jackson Browne claims (under the Lanham Act) that "because 'Running on Empty' is so famously associated with Jackson Browne, essentially what's been misappropriated here is Jackson's "identity." "They've put it in a commercial in a way that says that Jackson Browne is supporting senator McCain." But by suing a candidate during a campaign, Browne appears to be entering new territory.

Would Jackson Brown sue if an ad promoting Barack Obama rather than John McCain had used the song? "I really can't speculate," said Iser, "Jackson has played concerts for Barack Obama. They know each other."

~~~
AND the best for last...who the hell is THIS guy? Never heard of him before now.

Wise people talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. ~ ~ ~ Plato

"Medal of Honor" music used in a McCain Campaign Ad-But Composer is an Obama Supporter"

So how did Christopher Lennertz's music find its way into McCain's commercial? The composer told GamePolitics:

The McCain campaign did nothing illegal. I do think however, that they should have checked to see if the creators of content that they are using to promote their views are in fact in sync with them (HUH?). I have been receiving many emails and calls for the past week regarding the use of my music in a national television ad for John McCain's presidential campaign. The ad is called "Safe" and prominently features a track entitled "Casualties of War" that I wrote for Medal of Honor: European Assault. While I do not control the ownership of this piece, (THEN SHUT THE HELL UP) I am extremely disappointed (THERES THAT BLEEDING HEART) at its placement in this commercial. I did not authorize the use and was not made aware of the situation (BECAUSE YOU DONT OWN THE RIGHTS!). Regardless of party affiliation or support, I would like to think that someone who believes in the American ideals of business and creativity like Sen. McCain supposedly does, would not want to disgrace or inflict any hardship or ill-will (WTF? IS HE SERIOUS?!) on the artists who create in this country by using their works to promote products and agendas which with they disagree.

As an American, I have the utmost respect and admiration for our troops and all of their sacrifices. In fact, much of the inspiration for my music in this piece came from having a grandfather who served this country honorably as an officer in World War II. I respect John McCain for his service to this country, both in the military and in Washington, but I do not and have never supported his candidacy nor his agenda for this country. I am dismayed (FAINTING SPELL NEXT???) that my music has been used to promote his platform and even more disappointed that a candidate who claims to be the best voice for American entrepreneurs and business owners in this troubled economy so flagrantly ignored the most basic values and tenents of copyright and intellectual property ('SCUSE ME? SEE YOUR FIRST STATEMENT....THE ONE ABOUT NOTHING ILLEGAL.) What, I ask, does such an action or oversight (WTF WTF WTF???) say about Mr. McCain's regard for the intrinsic value of American products, services, or creations (WTF x4)? Where does the line get drawn? Is it reasonable to use my music to sell tobacco, alcohol, or pornographic materials? Is it reasonable to use it to promote a religion in which I do not believe? Is it legal?...yes, (THEN STFU) perhaps, is it ethical?...I don’t believe so. Is it American?...definitely not by my standards. (YOUR STANDARDS?)

As an artist, business owner, and patriot, I proudly support Senator Barack Obama for the Presidency of the United States of America... (and that, folks, explains it all.....MORON)

Anyone who acquires an ASCAP license can use any copywritten material from any member. If you don't know what ASCAP is, look it up.

No comments: